It is enticing to see a garden full of flowers every day. Aside from it makes the ambiance relaxing, it also makes your mood lighter. A day without doing anything is boring. Isn’t it more tiring just sitting around or lying all day? Then, finding something to do like researching and planting easy to grow flowering plants will help you get occupied. If you are curious to what are these easy to grow flowering plants, keep on reading below.
• Sunflowers – These flowers are not just pretty, they are also very easy to grow! Many people love sunflowers because of their color and appearance. With enough care and sunlight, you’ll have these flowers at your garden in no time.
Sunflowers are the kind of flowers that grows annually especially during summer and they can survive in very hot weather and extreme heat. It can grow up to 16 feet and can withstand many kinds of soil.
• Marigolds– These easy to grow flowering plants also grow annually like sunflowers but, their difference is that Marigolds can grow during Spring, Summer, and Fall. In its full growth, it can reach up to 3 feet in height. Aside from its beauty, it also an effective mosquito repellant. It grows in dry soil and should be placed under direct sunlight. It is also used for decorations.
• Lavenders – Another easy to grow flowering plant that grows best in well-drained soil and direct sunlight. It is also an herb which can be used in cooking and medicine. It has a variety of colors in purplish shades, with pink and white
. Water Lavender plants at least once a day is enough. The blooming period is from late June to August. This plant has a variety called Lavender, which can be an effective mosquito repellant.
• Daffodils – Daffodils flowers that grow in Winter or Spring. It also has a variety of colors that ranges from orange, yellow, and white. They are relatively short plants as they only grow from 6 to 30 inches in height. These are planted in bulbs using well-drained soil.
They need regular watering unlike the other plants mentioned above. Although it needs frequent watering, it can grow under the full sun. If you want your Daffodils to be fully grown by Spring, have it planted in the Fall.
• Dianthus – These brightly colored flowers bloom best to August. It has a variety of colors ranging from reds to pink, purple, and whites. It is very fragrant and pretty which makes it a good ornamental plant for rock gardens and landscapes.
It grows well in well-drained soil and should be watered at the base when it gets dry.
• Nasturtium- These flowers grow annually especially in May to September. It has variety of colors including the shades of orange, yellow, cream, and red.
These flowers are quick-growing and need regular watering. It is an edible flower as it is used to make Nasturtium butter. It grows in well-drained soil and under the full sun.